I could see him beginning to consider it.
.我看得出,他开始思考这件事。
"Meet you where?"
“在哪里见你?”
"Phoenix." Of course.
“凤凰城。”当然。
"No. He'll hear that's where you're going," he said impatiently.
“不行。他会听到你要去的地方。”他不耐烦地说道。
"And you'll make it look like that's a ruse, obviously. He'll know that we'll know that he'slistening. He'll never believe I'm actually going where I say I am going."
“很显然,你可以把这看成一种策略。他知道我们知道他在听。他绝对不会相信我要去的确实就是我所说的地方。”
"She's diabolical," Emmett chuckled.
“她是个恶魔。”艾美特轻笑起来。
"And if that doesn't work?"
“如果这不管用呢?”
"There are several million people in Phoenix," I informed him.
“凤凰城有几百万人口。”我告诉他。
"It's not that hard to find a phone book."
“找本电话簿不是什么难事。”
"I won't go home."
“我不会回家的。”
"Oh?" he inquired, a dangerous note in his voice.
“哦?”他讯问道,语气里有着危险的意味。
"I'm quite old enough to get my own place."
“我的年纪足够大了,我能找到自己能待的地方。”
"Edward, we'll be with her," Alice reminded him.
“爱德华,我们会和她在一起。”爱丽丝提醒他。
"What are you going to do in Phoenix?" he asked her scathingly.
“你在凤凰城要做什么?”他严厉地问她。
"Stay indoors."
“闭门不出。”
"I kind of like it." Emmett was thinking about cornering James, no doubt.
“我有点喜欢这件事。”毫无疑问,艾美特正在思索着怎样把詹姆斯逼进绝路。
"Shut up, Emmett."
“闭嘴,艾美特。”