地道美语:使用自助结账机

2019-12-03 14:39:56

Claudia: We’re done, right? Let’s get in this cashier line.
克拉迪亚:我们已经买完了是吧?我们去收银台结账吧。
Raul: No need. This store has self-checkout machines.
保罗:不用去收银台,这个商店有自助付款机。
Claudia: I don’t know. I think it would be easier going through a cashier line.
克拉迪亚:我不知道,我认为去收银台结账更便捷。
Raul: Using the self-checkout will be much quicker. Let me show you. All you have to do is scan the barcodes on each grocery item.
保罗:使用自助付款机速度会更快。你要做的就是扫描一下商品上示价的条纹码就可以。
Claudia: There are no barcodes on fruits and vegetables.
克劳迪娅:在水果和蔬菜上没有标价的条纹码。
Raul: All you have to do is put them on the scale and find the product on the touch-screen.
保罗:你需要把这些东西放在秤上,在触摸屏上找到商品目录就行。
Claudia: You look. I’ll start bagging.
克劳迪娅:你看,我开始装袋。
Raul: Wait! You’re supposed to wait until everything is scanned before removing items from the bagging area to put in bags. Oh no, now there’s a “see attendant” message on the screen.
保罗:等一下!你得等所有的东西扫描完之后再把这些东西送到袋装区装袋。噢,屏幕上出现“请向服务人员求助。”
Claudia: What do we do now?
克劳迪娅:我们现在怎么办?
Raul: We wait for the attendant to clear the error and void the transaction. Then we start again.
保罗:我们等着服务员清除错误,取消交易,再重新开始。
Claudia: Great. You’re right. This is much faster.
克劳迪娅:好,你说得对,这个更快点。
Raul: It is if you know what you’re doing.
保罗:你似乎要做点什么。
Claudia: I’ll tell you what. I’ll take half of our groceries and stand in line and you use the self-checkout. We’ll see which is faster.
克拉迪亚:我告诉你怎么做,这儿一半的商品我拿走在收银台排队结账,你使用自助结账机,我们看一下谁更快。
Raul: That’s a. I have no doubt that I’ll be done before you are.
保罗:这是个傻瓜赌注,毫无疑问我会比你快。
Claudia: I’m not worried. The last one out the door makes dinner.
克劳迪娅:我不担心,出商店门慢的人做饭。
Raul: You’re on. Just remember that I like my steak well done.
保罗:赌就赌,你要记得我喜欢全熟的牛排。